Repairs & Maintenance
If you rent a Wellingborough Homes property, we are responsible for keeping the structure, fabric and services of your home in good condition, including any communal or shared parts in blocks of flats.
We repair and maintain:
- The structure of your home, inside and out
- Installations for water, gas, electricity, sanitation and waste
- Heating and hot water systems
- Communal areas (for example, shared hallways)
- Sheds, garages and driveways you rent from us.
You are responsible for:
- Anything that belongs to you that you’ve installed
- Inside decoration
- TV aerials and satellite dishes (except communal systems)
- Maintaining battery-operated smoke alarms
- Unblocking sinks, basins and baths
- Servicing, repairing and maintaining your own appliances (for example, cookers and washing machines)
- Maintaining paths leading to your home.
Wellingborough Homes will repair and maintain the structure of your home, including:
- Outside walls
- Communal areas.
You are responsible for all repairs inside your home.
For shared owners
For one year after your home is finished, the builder is responsible for any defects related to the design, materials or construction. So defects occurring during the first 12 months should be put right by the builder at the end of this period.
After this, you have a ten-year warranty on the building, but you are responsible for all other repairs and maintenance. Wellingborough Homes cannot do any repairs or maintenance to your home.
Recharges for repairs
If we agree to do any repairs to your home that are your responsibility (for example, because of neglect or damage by someone in your household, or replacing locks due to lost keys), we may charge you the full cost of this work, including our administration.