Wellingborough Homes is a rewarding place to work. As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re committed to providing great services and high-quality living environments.
Our staff are committed to meeting needs and helping to make local neighbourhoods great places to live. They work in a wide range of roles including careers in housing management, finance, community involvement, customer service and administration.
We value our staff and always look for ways in which we can help them develop their skills and knowledge. When you work for Wellingborough Homes you can expect a competitive recruitment package.
Details of any job vacancies with our organisation will appear below.
Estates Services Operative
Wellingborough Homes is a provider of affordable housing and support services in the East Midlands. We own and manage around 4,600 homes with a £22 million turnover and our mission is to “work successfully with our customers and communities to provide great services and high quality living environments.” We are currently looking for an Estates Services Operative to join our Estates Services team.
As part of our Estates team, the successful applicant will undertake a wide range of general caretaking duties including minor internal and external property repairs, waste & refuse collection, removal and clearing, cleaning and preparing a range of properties for occupation and the on going cleaning and tidying of the internal communal areas, walkways and communal external landscaped areas. As well as developing, maintaining and improving communal grassed and landscaped areas and individual residential garden care and maintenance.
To be considered for this post you must be able to demonstrate in your application:
- Some experience in residential and/or parks & gardens maintenance OR experience of residential and/or commercial buildings maintenance
- Proven track record of complying with safe systems of work in areas accessible to the general public and the use of personal protective equipment.
- A proven track record of working as a team player
- Some experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- A proven track record of being at ease in a working environment where the priorities and tasks allocated change, sometimes at short notice, on a day to day basis;
- Some experience in the safe operation of commercial electrical and mechanical grounds maintenance equipment.
- Your physical fitness and strength should be such that you can lift awkward and heavy items [subject to any reasonable adjustments].
This is an annualised hours contract. An average working week is based on 37 hours (net) per week. You will be expected to work a certain number of hours over the year (37*52 = 1924) but your working hours may vary from week to week and from season to season.
Typically working hours fall within the framework Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17.30 but to meet operational needs you may reasonably be required to work outside of these hours (for example some weeks in the summer months you may be asked to work 5 or 6 days over 7 whereas in the winter months some weeks you might work 3 or 4 days over 5).
Employees in the role of Estate Services Operative
- Are required to participate in regular health surveillance, risk assessment and training relating to the activities within the role.
- Must have and maintain a valid vehicle driving licence for the UK.
- Are subject to on-going review of the findings of a basic Criminal Records Disclosure Statement, the findings of which must be acceptable to the reasonable requirements of the Association.
- May reasonably be required to engage in relevant vocational learning and development programmes from time to time.
CLOSING DATE: Your completed CV, Supporting Statement and Diversity Monitoring & Declaration form must arrive no later than 12pm Wednesday 16th August 2017. You can send your completed application to Recruitment@whomes.org or via post to Wellingborough Homes, HR Dept, 12 Sheep Street, Wellingborough, NN8 1BL
Contract type: Full time
Hours per week: 37